Drinking enough water makes a huge difference in skin's appearance. Skin is the largest organ of the body and is more prone to aging. Here are all the benefits that you can get from drinking water:
What is hydrated skin?
Hydrated skin can be referred to as the type of skin which is smooth, radiant, and has an even skin tone. Drinking enough water throughout the day can keep your skin hydrated and glowing naturally.
What are the signs and symptoms of dehydrated skin?
- Dull Looking Skin
- Acne Breakout
- Flaky Skin
- Dark Circles under Eyes
- Dry Mouth
- Skin Irritation
- Rough Skin
The amount of water that an individual should drink varies from person to person; it depends on the age, weight, gender, height, and daily routine of an individual. Regularly, everyone is advised to drink at least eight glasses of water in a day. However, experts suggest that males should drink at least 3.7 liters of water in a day, whereas females should drink a minimum of 2.7 liters of water a day.
The word of caution for you is if you drink excessive water, it could be harmful to your health. Excessive water drinking is termed overhydration, and it could store more fluid in your body than required. This will adversely impact on kidneys and could lead to hyponatremia. If not treated properly, it could even lead to death.
Other than just drinking water, you can follow the below tips to keep your skin hydrated:
- You can try moisturizing your skin with a water-based moisturizer.
- It would be best to avoid hot and long showers as they may take away the skin's moisture and necessary oils.
- Your skin may get dry excessively during winters. Try using a humidifier to keep the moisture in the air.
- While going out in the sun, you should use sunscreen to prevent breaking down collagen and elastin in the skin.
- You can also try adding some foods rich in water to your diet like:
1. Mint: Boil some leaves of mint in a glass of water. Strain and let it cool. This drink helps your skin detoxify efficiently.
2. Basil: Drink basil leaves infused water to get benefits for your skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties and prevents your skin from showing signs of aging.
3. Lemon: Lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C. Consume it by diluting it in water or adding it to your salad or curries. It helps in cleansing the liver, improves gut health and provides a natural glow to the skin.
The Bottom Line:
Drinking water is the magic ingredient that can resolve many skin issues and give you healthier and plumper skin. It would help if you made it a habit to drink an optimal amount of water to boost your skin health and overall health.
Sign In usign your email