7 Easy New Year Resolutions for a Healthier New You
Every new year means a fresh start. A brand-new year to make some changes in life and become a better version of yourself. If you are looking forward to making some changes to your life and lifestyle in the upcoming year, we have curated a list of healthy New Year resolutions that can help you lead a healthier life on 2021.
Try these easy-to-do New Year Resolutions.
1. Sit less and move more:
- If you are leading a sedentary lifestyle like having a regular sitting job and doing almost little to no physical activity, it will be difficult to start exercising or working out of nowhere. So, you can start with something fun for making your body habitual to a routine like dance classes, swimming sessions, or just a 30-minute walk daily. As per research, it has been found that less than 5% of American adults participate in 30 minutes of physical activity daily. Here are a few ways to help you get started with easy body movements:
- Take the stairs instead of an elevator
- Take a quick break every hour and do a little stretching
- Park your vehicle a little farther from your office block to increase your walking
- Try to substitute your motor vehicle with a bicycle for covering short distances like going to the local market
Therefore, this upcoming year, make a resolution to spare time for your physical fitness.
2.Get more quality sleep:
A good night’s sleep is as important as eating healthy and exercising. A good night’s sleep helps in improving productivity and concentration. The kind of sleep you get directly impacts your social and emotional intelligence level and could lead to depression. A study conducted by the Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry has shown that people with sleep deprivation or insomnia have shown clear signs of depression. Research has also revealed that having a sound sleep can help to fight off infections and strengthen the immune system. Hence, in this upcoming year, try to get enough and quality sleep.
3. Limit screen time:
Pandemic has already shaken our world and with work from home and limited access to the outer world, we have become slaves to technology. This routine has deteriorated our well-being. We are spending more and more time in front of the TV screens, laptop or mobile phones. This habit has been directly linked to anxiety, depression, loneliness, and insomnia. Setting up a resolution to limit your screen time can help in boosting your mood, concentration, and productivity.
4. Cut back on bad and social habits:
Habits like consuming alcohol, smoking cigarette, procrastinating the event, etc are all bad and social habits that you must try to control and quit in the new year to awaken a healthy new you. Limit your alcohol consumption and try substituting it with a non- alcoholic healthy beverage. Likewise, you can plan and improve your overall health by taking the right advice from your doctor.
5. Engage in positive body talk:
Negative speech about your body means body shaming and if you listen to such negativity you raise your levels of unhappiness and dissatisfaction with your body type and shape. This decreases your own confidence, concentration, and your interest in socializing. Therefore, this new year, take a resolution to accept your body the way it is and stay positive about it.
6. Change your attitude towards your health:
Losing weight or eating healthier are the most trending resolutions of all, we cannot assume that losing weight will help to lead a healthy life. So, instead of focusing on losing weight by following a strict diet and craving for your favorite foods, it is better to eat a well-balanced diet. This may significantly reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes, and other health issues.
7. Embrace CBD in your life:
If you are prioritizing your short-term and long-term health goals, CBD can play a vital role to help you reach your health goals. With a more sedentary lifestyle, we have become couch potatoes and the repercussions are that we are trapped by several health issues like anxiety, low libido, inflammation, and poor sleep. Taking a resolution of adding CBD to your wellness routine can create a sustainable and nourishing living pattern.
Buy your way to happiness and quality life - organic CBD from IngeniHealth.
The bottom line
Though every year health goals are set which remain a challenge throughout the year. However, the healthy resolutions that are listed above could prove to be healthier and sustainable ways to improve your quality of life. IngeniHealth looks forward to seeing you all healthier and happier in the near future.