Healthy & Happy Treats: Make your own CBD infused Dog Food
CBD may contain numerous health benefits for dogs. Many pet parents are now adopting CBD into their dog's diets to increase the health factor in their meals. However, several pet parents are also confused about how CBD is beneficial to their pets and how to use it.
If you are also one of those people, worry not! In this article, we will give you information on how you can use CBD oil in your dog food resourcefully and efficiently to make the food not only healthy but also straight-on delicious!
Introduction To Using CBD Oil In Dog Food
There are lots of CBD readymade dog foods that are available in the market today. However, making fresh dog food from scratch maintains more of the vital nutrients that can be lost during processing. You know what your dog is eating and that it's healthy. If you are one of the people who want to choose all-natural ingredients and flavors for their dog, you might like to try blueberry-cranberry, pumpkin harvest, carrot-kale, or peanut butter. You can also use several other healthy ingredients to ensure natural macro and minor-nutrients find their way into your dog's diet.
That being said, it is very crucial to make sure that the CBD oil you use in the food is proportionate to the dog's weight and health. CBD food for pets make life much easier for them and give you quite an experience when you're baking the treats.
Cannabidiol may help dogs relax and give them much-needed relief from pain. The pet industry has been a phenomenal rise in the amount of CBD being used for pets since 2019. Many experts have recognized the importance and effectiveness of hemp or CBD oil in possibly providing relief to dogs suffering from anxiety, chronic pain, and other common ailments.
How To Use CBD While Baking Treats For My Dog?
Baking treats that contain CBD is usually the best option for pets. Many dogs are fussy eaters and don't generally appreciate the usage of unique elements and flavors in their food. Baking homemade dog treats are an easy, effective, and healthy reward for your furry best friend.
There are some things, however, that you need to know before you start baking dog treats with CBD. Make sure that you take do the following for a fun baking experience and a delicious product for your dog.
- Use all-natural ingredients
- Use organic, non-GMO ingredients
- Try to use vegan ingredients
- You can include supplements like glucosamine.However, it is better to check with your vet before you do so
- Refrain from using any kinds of preservatives or synthetic dyes
- You can also use calming herbs and ingredients like chamomile
Here are some other things that you need to know before baking treats for your dog with CBD
- Cook CBD at a temperature of 320℉-356℉
- The boiling point for CBD is around 356℉. Hence, try to keep your overall temperature below that point to ensure the integrity of the ingredients
- CBD oil should be added to fat before cooking with it. You can use coconut oil, cooking oil and butter
- When blending CBD with fat, try and keep the temperature relatively low
- To ensure the complete efficacy of the oils, you must keep them away in a dark cupboard, away from sunlight
A Sample Dog Food Recipe
Here is a sample recipe that you can use to make your dog some delicious baked treats.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons turmeric
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- CBD oil (a dose proportionate to the dog's weight and health) doses run from mg (considered a regular dose) to 0.5 mg (a strong dose) of CBD for every pound of pet body weight 0.25
- Preheat oven to 320°F/160°C.
- Add the following ingredients to a mixer and mix it well.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture to baking sheet. Flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Allow to cool before serving
- This recipe makes 14 units of food. You can give your dog one every day, and it will last for two weeks!
CBD may benefit your dog with:
- Prevention of cognitive decline with age
- Beneficial to maintain cardiac health
- Prevention of tumor growth
- Prevention and cure of blood disorders
- Prevention and cure of digestive ailments
- Fighting off of free radicals and preventing the development of malignant tumors
- Promotes skin health by preventing sebaceous glands from accumulating too much sebum
- Helps with the reduction of mental conditions like anxiety, and management of stress