Top 7 natural ways to boost your skin health
Your complexion is the first thing that people notice about you. Also, it is your skin that acts the largest barrier against infections and protect your body. You must take care of your skin in a natural and healthy way.
Today’s blog is going to focus on the natural ways to keep your skin young, glowing, flawless and healthy.
How does diet affect your skin?
Eat some extra oily food in the evening and by morning you can find a pimple saying hello to your face. Got an idea of how your diet impacts your skin? Let me explain it the other way, healthy skin that is free from wrinkles and spots is what we all; especially women chase throughout their lives.
A study in the archives of Dermatology has revealed that people who consumed more of a wholegrain diet, fruits, vegetables, fish and low-fat diet tend to have more healthy skin than people who ate sugary, dairy products, caffeine, alcohol, oil and processed foods. In addition, many studies have been conducted to find out what nutrients affect skin wrinkling, dryness and thinning. It was found that a diet rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants was useful for preventing wrinkles and age-related dryness.
Natural ways to promote healthy skin:
1. Drink six to eight glasses of water in a day – Your skin needs enough moisture to prevent skin issues and anti-aging signs like wrinkles. Drinking at least six to eight glasses of water a day can keep your skin enough moisturized and glowing. Keep a water bottle assigned to yourself and make a note of the water you drink throughout the day.
2. Consume colorful fruits and vegetables – Fruits and vegetables contain powerful antioxidants that are very good for your skin. These help in protecting your skin from cellular damage caused by free radicals. In addition, fruits and vegetables contain many nutrients that are vital for your skin. Your body sheds 30,000 to 40,000 dead skin cells every day. So, you are advised to maintain the skin health by consuming colourful fruits and vegetables.
3. Eat enough Vitamin C – For radiant and blemish-free skin, Vitamin C is the best. It is a super antioxidant that supports the immune system as well as the skin. The Vitamin C rich fruits and vegetables are Blueberries, broccoli, orange, papaya, strawberry, and sweet potatoes.
4. Go sugar-free in your diet – Eating sugar makes your skin dull and dry as it breaks down the collagen that provides the structure to the skin. Eliminating sugar from diet can make your skin look more youthful. It also prevents acne breakout and gives you a brighter complexion.
5. Eat good and healthy fats – There is a misconception that fat is always bad for your body. Fats are of two types – good fats, and bad fats. Healthy fats are mostly found in flaxseeds, chia seeds, walnuts, avocados and canola oil. Foods that contain unsaturated fats are healthy to eat. Limit your food consumption with saturated fats. Avoid foods that are rich in trans fats.
6. Try Low GI Diet – Eating high glycemic index foods such as white bread could lead to break out of the acne as it promotes the activation of the oil glands underneath the skin. Not only this, having a diet low in GI may help in controlling your blood sugar levels which ultimately leads to healthy skin but also prevents cardiovascular diseases and other health complications. Thus, you remain stress free and there is no worry of getting pale skin.
7. Use CBD skincare products – Beauty supply stores are now flooded with many hemp-infused products like serums, sunscreen, chap sticks, creams, and cleansers. As per a market research by Market Watch Report, the global CBD cosmetics market is estimated to grow from $967 million in 2020 to $5.3 billion by 2025 at a compound annual growth of 40.4% during the period of 5 years. Buy your favorite CBD skincare product from us at the best price.
Other than the above-mentioned ways to get healthy skin, you should adopt a routine of ordinary skincare:-
· Wash your face no more than twice a day.
· Use sunscreen to protect your skin against harmful rays of the sun.
· Moisturize your skin well.
· Avoid using harsh soaps as it can cause damage to the cells of the skin.
· Limit your bath time and avoid long showers and also avoid bathing with too hot water. This can remove essential oils from the skin.
The Bottom Line
Making necessary changes in your diet could help prevent inflammation and keep your skin free from acne, blemishes, and breaking out. However, we recommend you consult a nutritionist before cutting down or adding on a dietary stuff.
Sign In usign your email