According to some new studies, early-restricted feeding helps in the decrease in appetite and stimulates the body to burn fat. It confirms some previous beliefs that intermediate fasting and early-restricted feeding leads to weight reduction.
Eating earlier may reduce appetite
Have you noticed that even though you woke up with an empty stomach, your appetite remains lower? Actually, during the morning, your body produces less ghrelin (the hunger hormone), which lessens your craving for food.
Human hunger is at a peak level at night when ghrelin levels are high, which is the concept behind early-restricted feeding and the reduction of appetite. Though the exact reason behind fat-burning is not apparent to date, it seems that these meal times and the body’s cardiac rhythm can help in fat burning. Also, metabolic processes are more effective in the morning, leading to better digestion.
Not right for everyone
Every person is different. Though early-restricted feeding is a good way to control your appetite and manage weight, it might not necessarily be suitable for everyone.
For people engaged in more physical activity, eating earlier in the day might prove to be challenging as they burn more fat and need more calories due to their physical activities.
People with health conditions that demand eating from time to time, like diabetes, might also not be able to follow early-restricted feeding.
Pregnant women or people suffering from some chronic diseases like cancer are strictly advised not to follow this method as it makes them nutritionally deficient.
Social gatherings are also a challenging factor in the way of your intermediate fasting. People with any eating disorders are also not suggested to use this diet.
Discussing your situation with subject experts is always a good idea.
- Know your purpose:- Before starting an early-restricted feeding schedule, you should know what you want and whether you can handle it or not.
- Start slow:- Start with an eating window of 12 to 14 hours before trying more restrictive fasting schedules.
- Let your body adapt:- You should start with a shorter period of fastening and increase it gradually, allowing your body to adjust and get used to it.
- Listen to your body:- If your body starts to suffer while fastening, then consider it as the warning, you should stop.
- Know the scale:- Eat appropriately. Do not overeat in the morning eating phase, as this may result in weight gain.
How can you change your eating habits?
To turn your diet into a healthy diet, you need to make some effort. You can start with the following:
- Fill your shopping cart with more fruits, green vegetables, whole-grain, etc.
- Start drinking low-fat milk and avoid buying junk food.
- Concentrate on eating and chewing correctly by eating at the dining table with family.
- Eat healthily and cook new healthy recipes instead of processed foods.
- Do not torture yourself by skipping meals. Replace your soft drinks with water. It will reduce your sugar intake and keep you hydrated.
Early eating isn’t only helpful for weight loss, but it is crucial for the proper functioning of the body too. Sleeping directly after eating can expose our bodies to numerous diseases. Therefore, it is always a good idea to eat earlier in the day.