Inflammation is a vital part of the immune system. It conveys the message to the brain and nervous system when any injury minor to major happens. It signals the immune system to heal and repair the damaged cells and tissues to help the body fight against harmful invaders such as viruses and bacteria.
What are the types of inflammation?
Inflammation is of two types – Acute Inflammation and Chronic Inflammation
Acute Inflammation – This type of inflammation appears often on a cut or a sore throat. In this type of inflammation, the blood vessels dilate, blood flow increases and white blood cells cover the injured area and promote healing of the wound. This is why the injured area turns red or swollen.
The impact of acute inflammation lasts from a few minutes to hours or a few days depending upon the severity of the injury. This type helps your body in restoring itself to the older and healthier position as it used to be before the injury.
Health conditions that provoke acute inflammation:
- Acute Bronchitis
- Ingrown Toe Nail
- Cut on Skin
- Acute Appendicitis
- Infective Meningitis
- A Physical Injury
Chronic Inflammation – Chronic inflammation is completely opposite to that of acute inflammation. It is considered a severe form of inflammation that can occur even when there is no injury. It is usually caused by an autoimmune disorder in which the body attacks itself its own healthy tissues interpreting them to be damaged or diseased.
Researchers are still struggling to understand the repercussions of chronic inflammation on the body but it is believed to play a vital role in the development of many diseases.
Health conditions that provoke chronic inflammation:
- Bad Sleeping Pattern
- Stress and Anxiety
- Smoking and Alcohol
- Low Sex Hormones
- Poor Eating Habits
- Insulin Resistance
Symptoms of Inflammation
Acute and Chronic Inflammation have different kinds of symptoms. Check them out:
As compared to acute inflammation, chronic inflammation is said to be more dangerous as it eventually starts to damage its own healthy cells, tissues, and organs.
Common causes of inflammation
Though chronic and acute inflammation have their own reasons behind the existence, there are few common causes too.
- Consuming excessive sugar
- Having refined carbohydrates
- Drinking alcohol
- Eating processed meals
- Consuming more trans fat
- Chemical Irritants
How is inflammation diagnosed?
There are many ways to diagnose inflammation.
Blood Test – A blood test is one of the prominent ways to find out if there is any inflammation happening in the body by showing certain expected inflammatory markers. A doctor may advise for the below tests – C-reactive protein, Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate, Plasma Viscosity.
Imaging Test – X-rays, MRIs or other imaging tests are performed to find out if there is any sort of inflammation in the body like bone erosion, tissue damage or joint deterioration.
How to treat inflammation?
Reducing or treating inflammation may depend on various factors. You may alter your diet, lifestyle and daily routine to improve your health. Below are mentioned the ways of fighting inflammation and not letting it spread:
- Modify your diet – Avoid consuming sugary and packed foods. Try to consume natural foods like berries, broccoli, avocado, tomatoes, green tea, mushrooms to control inflammation
- Try hot and cold therapy – You can try hot and cold therapy based on the severity of the pain. Heat therapy helps in improving the blood flow of the injured area while cold therapy helps in reducing the blood flow which otherwise would cause swelling and produce pain.
- Exercise more often – Exercising is always appreciated. It promotes a healthier living of a person. If you exercise regularly, you help your bones and muscles workout and be flexible. If you do not do a round of exercise, it makes your body hard and stiff which ultimately causes pain when touched or while sitting or standing.
- Quit smoking and reduce alcohol consumption- Smoking is injurious to health, we all know that but how many of us implement it? Inflammation is associated with the regularity of smoking that you do. Alcohol also interferes with the normal working of joints. Try to avoid alcohol consumption and live stress-free for a healthy body.
- Take healthy supplements – Supplements can help in treating inflammation. It is not necessary to take medicines only and always to keep yourself healthy. Supplements do wonders. Try CBD from us. We have in-house grown and organic CBD which may help in fighting inflammation. CBD reduces inflammation by affecting the activity in the body’s endocannabinoid system.
CBD is the easiest way to fight back inflammation. It can be used in many ways like in the form of gummies, topicals, CBD oil, and tinctures. This compound from the cannabis plant has various positive impacts on the body. Buy your package of CBD today from us.