Little to no sexual desire in women has become a common issue nowadays. It can be due to various factors, from age to health. If this is happening to you, it is high time to understand your sex drive issues, reasons, complications, and solutions.
Today’s blog revolves around the low libido causes in women, followed by symptoms and solution. Sexual drive is a biological component of desire, and the desire differs from person to person. Sexual desire in women can be low for many reasons like interpersonal, physiological, and psychological. Let us explore them in detail:
Physiological Causes Behind Lack of Sexual Desire:
1. Aging – Growing older means low sex drive. Our body undergoes massive changes, which lead to too little to no sex drive. Both the genders face this issue, but women face this decline in libido for two to three times more than men.
2. Pain During Intercourse – Smooth and pleasurable sexual intercourse is the key to a satisfactory orgasm. Pain during sex or not having an orgasm could lead to disappointment and hence, lowered sexual desire.
3. Health Conditions – This could be unbelievable, but health plays a significant role in maintaining sexual desire. Health conditions like cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, and neurological health issues can affect sex drive.
4. Lifestyle Habits – Smoking, alcohol consumption could decrease one’s interest in sexual activities. These lifestyle habits slow down the blood flow and affect the feeling of sexual arousal.
5. Less Sleep and Tiredness – Females are multi-taskers – from taking care of house chores, taking care of kids, older adults at home to working in an office could lead to body fatigue and lack of sleep. These can contribute to low sex drive.
6. Medical Treatment – If you have undergone surgery related to your breasts or genital area, it can impact your sexual image, function, and libido. Besides, the medicines that you must have been prescribed may also interfere with your sex drive.
7. Menopause – During your transition to menopause, the estrogen levels drop, which significantly makes you lose interest in sex. It also creates dry vaginal tissues that can cause discomfort during intercourse.
8. Pregnancy and Lactating – Hormones in women change a lot during pregnancy and the lactating phase. It causes more fatigue, tiredness, and changes in body image while taking care of the newborn.
Psychological Causes Behind Lack of Sexual Desire:
1. Stress and Anxiety – Stress can make your mind go frazzled and distracted. It prevents you from staying happy and calm minded. This could lead to anxiety, which interferes with the feelings of love and sexual desire.
2. Low Self Esteem – Not all women have the same body shape. They vary from each other. Comparing yourself with the physique and figure of the other person could lead to low self-esteem. This can make you go away from your partner every time you are together. You should love your body and the way you are.
Interpersonal Causes Behind Lack of Sexual Desire:
1. Bad Relationship Experience – Being into a bad relationship can push you back from your love feelings. Problems in the relationship, a sense of betrayal, lack of trust in a relationship could ruin the peace of mind. As a consequence, you lose interest in sexual intimacy.
2. Physical or Sexual Abuse – If a woman has experienced physical or sexual assault in her past, her sex drive naturally decreases because she loses the trust and love feelings.
Symptoms of Low Sex Drive in Women
With age, it is common and natural to have low sexual desire. Low libido and lack of interest in sexual activities are termed hypo-active sexual desire disorder (HSDD). However, it is still not sure whether to call low sex drive in women as HSDD. The common symptoms of low sex drive in women include:
How does CBD improve sex drive in females?
According to a research report in 2017, CBD stimulates the right nucleus accumbens, a part of the brain that plays an essential role in sexual wellness. It contains CBD receptors CB1, CB2, referred to as Endocannabinoid System, that balances brain and body functions.
These receptors are present in the reproductive organs as well as the organs which produce sex hormones. These receptors play a vital role from sexual arousal to fetal development. With CBD intake, your blood flow smoothens, and you experience relief in muscle tensions and pain during sex.
Another benefit of CBD consumption is that it helps with controlling anxiety. CBD helps to relax your mind by regulating the stress activating hormone known as cortisol and aims to produce more serotonin – feel-good hormones. This may help to enhance sex drive and sexual pleasure.
How to introduce CBD to your routine to boost your sex life?
CBD is available in various forms in the market. You can consume it as CBD oil by just taking a drop of it or adding a drop of the oil to your food or drink. It is also available in the form of massage oil that you can use to make your body feel relaxed and stress-free. A relaxed body is also vital to calm the mind. CBD edibles like gummies are another form of CBD available in the market.
Please note: CBD should be consumed at least 30 minutes before going into the flow. You are advised to check with your doctor for precautions and CBD dosage before consuming it.
The Bottom Line
CBD is one of the effective ways to get your sex life back on track. However, you should consider working out regularly and eating nutritious food with little lifestyle modifications to boost your sex life. You can book your CBD product from us as we deal exclusively in organic CBD products and sell them at the market’s best price.