Everyone has habits, and we all start to follow habits from a very young age which, when done regularly, they become a part of our routine. Your habits define you and your future. Habits are meant to be modified over time and as we age. However, changing habits or adopting new ones can be challenging.
What is a habit?
Talking about the definition of a habit, there are many on the internet. As per Merriam Webster Dictionary – “A habit is a behavioral pattern acquired by frequent repetition or physiologic exposure that shows itself in regularity or increased facility of performance.” In a layman’s language, a habit is a practice that is repeated regularly, or we can say that it is an action or set of activities that you can perform automatically without any planning, for example, brushing your teeth, combing your hair, etc.
Research has proven that 40 percent of your actions are not planned; rather, they are the habits you follow on a daily basis without even noticing them.
How to change or modify unhealthy habits and plan a new but healthy one?
You must have heard this often that to build a habit, it just takes 21 days. However, this might not be the truth. People talk about this idea, but there are no true claims to date. This 21 day is based on the idea by Dr. Maxwell Maltz. In his book, Psycho-cybernetics, he talks about mental image and how it takes 21 days to dissolve and a new one to gel with thoughts. This clearly has little to do with developing a new habit.
Changing habits is not easy, but with the right steps, it can be done. Refer to the below-written points to modify your unhealthy habits:
- Identify the habits that you want to change: Make a list of your daily habits and sort them to identify the habits that need to be changed.
- Plan the habit with a motive: Do not just think of modifying an old habit or adopting a new habit. First, think about the effects of that habit positively and negatively and then decide how to go about that habit.
- Take baby steps: Starting a new routine or a new habit is never easy. You may feel uncomfortable while following it. So, it is advised to take baby steps to keep yourself on track.
How do habits affect our lives?
As said earlier, your habits are the key to pave your way to a better life. In general, we have two types of habits – Good ones and bad ones. Read below to understand the impact of different habits on our life:
The impact on physical health: The habit you indulge in today builds your body for tomorrow. The first habit is related to food. Could you question yourself on your eating habits or how healthy you eat? We are indeed living a busy life now, but our health is equally essential to be taken care of. If we can transform our habit of eating unhealthy and junk foods, we can move closer to being healthy bit by bit. Likewise, the second habit is related to exercise. We lead a sedentary lifestyle where we are sitting more in front of screens and moving less to keep ourselves fit. How about changing this habit for a healthier future?
The impact on mental health: Our habits do impact our mental health directly or indirectly. Every day we come across new challenges where we have to keep up the patience to manage our day. But this causes stress, anxiety, lack of sleep, and other health conditions that could lead to further health complications. So why not change these habits by just making a small change of regularly prioritizing the day tasks.
How to keep yourself healthy and strong with the right habits?
The current scenario and lifestyle bring a lot of challenges that put pressure on our minds. This creates a situation of anxiety and stress. As a result, it hampers our sleep routine that further gives birth to low libido. Its long-lasting adverse impact can be seen on our health as well as relationships. One solution to these issues is adopting a new habit of including CBD in your daily routine.
CBD is the short form of cannabidiol and is a great tool for wellness. It is a non-psychoactive compound extracted from the hemp plant. It provides immense benefits to the consumer:
- It helps in easing stress, depression, and anxiety.
- It provides relief from chronic pain and inflammation.
- It improves sleep quality and promotes better sleep.
- It helps in improving the libido status to make you perform well in bed.
In what ways can you consume CBD?
- Consume in the form of CBD oil and tinctures by just placing it under your tongue for a minute and swallowing it.
- It is also available in CBD edible forms like chocolates, gummies, chewing gums, candy, cookies, etc.
- It is also available in the form of CBD topicals that is it can be applied directly on the skin to enhance the skin glow and helps in reducing pain, inflammation, acne formation.
You can buy your bundle of healthy and fresh start towards a better and quality life from Ingeni Health at a nominal price with the best deals and offers.
All in all, not all habits are bad; not all are good. You must identify which habit is right for you and which could negatively impact your life. Some habits can be formed easily, while some can be broken or modified. Decide on your habits wisely.